Soon we will see the grass, followed by leaves on the trees and finally flowers. Soon there will be baby animals running all over the place. There will be insects coming from nowhere and warmth stimulating our skin. Spring is almost here!
Spring is a time of rebirth. Spring fever hits the animals – and many of us as well. We get motivated to make changes, freshen up, clean out and make a new start. As you make these plans, are you making sure to take care of the rebirth of YOU this spring.
Since spring is a time of rebirth, so let’s rebirth your treatment of you and awaken your sensuality this spring.
Here are five ways you can awaken your senses and, therefore, your sensuality and take care of yourself this spring.
- Celebrate your successes. It’s so easy to forget how far we’ve come and concentrate on what’s next. Take the time to pat yourself on the back with a treat or by writing in a journal to remind you of your progress. If we always concentrate on the next step, we feel like we haven’t come very far. When you climb a mountain, you take the time to look back and go “Wow!” Do the same with your life. For everything from the steps to create a big goal to the chores you’ve done in a day, they all deserve a look back and a “Wow!”
- Find ways to enjoy the new season. Take a walk and smell the newness and growth all around you. Notice how the color of spring leaves are so different from what they become in the summer. As you clean out your flower beds, enjoy the new buds coming up. Take a moment to notice the sun on your skin and drink in the Vitamin D you’ve been longing for over the bundled up months.
- Take up a new hobby. Is there something you’ve always wanted to try? Painting? Karate? Cross stitch? Running? Animal husbandry? Whatever it is you’ve been denying yourself because of all the excuses you’ve been making, take a leap and JUST DO IT!
- Learn to accept compliments graciously. Whether it’s for something you did or how you look, I’m sure you get compliments all the time. We’re taught to be “humble” so we tend to wave off compliments. A compliment is gift. When you say “oh this old thing” or “it was nothing” you’re taking that gift and slam-dunking it into the garbage. Instead say an honest “Thank you.” Then notice how often you get compliments. You probably didn’t even realize how much people appreciated you because you were busy being so “humble.”
- Buy something special for yourself. You may decide to clean out your closet as one of your springy clean ups so go buy a sexy new outfit – don’t forget the incredible shoes! You may not have shaved your legs most of the winter. Go to the spa and get a wax and, while you’re at it, a pedicure and why not a facial, too. Whatever it is that makes you feel good, stop denying yourself and give yourself a treat. You deserve it!
Spring is when the flowers and trees bust loose. How about you?
Hugs, Christie Mawer – The Bad Kitty