Posts Tagged ‘pheobe from friends’
Laughter is the best medicine. It’s a well known saying becuase, well, it’s true. Nothing breaks tension, changes mood or lightens an atmosphere like laughter. Laughter is a sign of having fun, of enjoying life, of finding something odd in a rib tickling way.
Comedians make their living through laughter. Speakers inject jokes to create a state change in a quiet or somber room. Children break into laughter at the smallest thing that we might ignore and bring us along for the ride.
Speaking of children, here are two of my favorite child videos from youtube.
Life would be so dull without laughter. A smile, while it may brighten a room, doesn’t have quite as strong a transformative effect as laughter. It’s good for your mood, good for your abs, good for your blood pressure, just plain good!
The other day I was in rehearsal for a show I’m doing at the end of April. There comes a time in the rehearsal process with any show that things start to become a little tense. Even though we are doing a comedy farce – which we laugh at every day – and we all get along well, on Sunday the rehearsal started off with some tension. Our director noticed this and asked us to circle up. We took a communal deep breath then he instructed us to smile then laugh. In moments the tension, wherever it was coming from, disappeared and we had our usual fun and goofy rehearsal.
Laughter can change the world! Or at least your world.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~Charlie Chaplin
To help change your world, try the following ways to laugh every day:
- Hang outwith someone who makes you laugh until you snort or milk comes out your nose! Close friends contribute to our personal growth. They also contribute to our personal pleasure, making the music sound sweeter, the wine taste richer, the laughter ring louder because they are there. ~Judith Viorst
- Watch youtube videos. Cat/pet and child ones are usually guaranteed to get a giggle or more.
- Watch your favorite comedy movie or show. If you can watch it with someone who has a habit of laughing out loud, do it!
- Go to a funny play (hint, hint!).
- Play a game for the purpose of fun rather than competition.
- Run around like a kid. Don’t worry about your “form” like Pheobe on Friends.
- Eat funny food like spaghetti and make a big mess while you laugh at yourself.
- Give yourself a break, when you make a mistake, rather than giving yourself a hard time, laugh!
Feel the joy of laughter every day. You deserve it. Enjoy!